Sunday, September 19, 2004

2 Mile PR

Today I took the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) and, thanks to my recent training regemine, I did better than I have in my 4+ years in the Army. The APFT consists of three events: pushups, situps, and a two-mile run. For the pushups and situps, test-takers do as many as they can in two minutes. Form matters; if the repetition is not done properly to the Army standard, it does not count. For the run, all you do is run two miles as fast as you can. The test is based on a scale of 300, with 100 points per event. Scoring is based on age and gender. Just like a test back in school, you can get "extra credit" for extra repetitions or running faster, so you can score over 300. However, this is only if you get over 100 in all three events.
Anyway, enough about that crap. I'm here to write about my 2-mile run time, which was 13:40. That's the fastest that I've ever run for an APFT, and my fastest documented 2-mile time. Not too bad, considering a couple months ago I would have squeaked by with about a 15:30. The only problem is that it takes a 13 flat to get 100 points on the test; my time only netted me 90 (but I scored 100 on both other events). I am setting a goal to run under 13 minutes on the 5th of November. It'll take some work, but I should be able to achieve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home