Wednesday, October 20, 2004

ChiRunning

I bought a book called ChiRunning at Borders in Erie when I was on leave. I think that it's an excellent book. The author, Danny Dreyer, implemented the skills he learned in T'ai Chi into his running. The book is about how he did so and gives instructions to the reader to do the same. In order to get the benefits of this in your running, you don't necessarily need to believe in Chinese philosophy or religion; the book gives great advice on running form. It was reviewed in the October 2004 issue of RunningTimes (I was unable to find the article on the site, however).
I am going to try to implement Dreyer's advice into my running and I think that it'll work well. On a side note, I am planning on running in the Country Music Marathon in April 2005. Of course, it depends on how my training goes, but I'm going to at least run the 1/2 marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home